Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Glorious Food

Well i finally got my claws into some good ole farmers market grub. I got the tip from one of my ultimate league players as we got hammered after 4 hours of midseason ultimate play previously mentioned. They had everything. My fave picks were A) the dairy: the creamiest milk and butter i've ever had the joy of clenching in my cheeks B) general produce: HUGE peppers (3 for 1$ greens and 3 for 2$ reddies muy loco!), squash, zucchini, egglplants, okra etc... and C) SEAFOOD! shrimp for ::drumroll:: 2 bucks a pound. i regrettably had run out of cash by the time i got to the seafood table, but i'll be back on saturday. they run it on tuesday and saturday both within biking distance...le sigh. :D They even had worms for starting your own compost and crepes made to order. I'll probably take some pics next time of the local "color" that comes out at 8 am to the market.

Also, tomorrow begins the second half of our ultimate season. Despite the midseason tourney blowout our team has done very poorly in the regular season. Tomorrow with your good wishes and my new wristbands our team will let loose an ass kicking worthy of a LA rioter's nod of approval.

No comments: