Tuesday, January 22, 2008

the rising tide

Well this one freaked me out a little.

The dream starts off with me on my bike on a country road. I am in third person which is fairly common for most of my dreams. I come to an intersection and hang a left towards a small little community. At the intersection there is an older black man carrying a large bag of raisins...yeah. I offer to help him carry it and i do so until we get to the little gas station/convenience store.

I drop off the bag and go inside. At this point i kinda forget the chain of events. I feel like it was something either violent or dramatic in some degree. I leave unabated though.

From here i flash to a house with a single man inside. This is actually a scene from a movie that my subconscious is throwing together for me. The man is being played by Tommy Lee Jones ( i saw a commercial for no country for old men before beddy time ). The backstory is inherently known to me. He is a Vet from the korean war era. He somehow was discharged dishonorably and know uses his ex military status to dubious means. These dubious means include a variety of costumes he owns that he uses in staged stunts that he is contracted by various individuals for.

Then i flash back to my third person self. I am now in the "movie" and my character meets someone at the previously mentioned convenience store. After a romantic interest is determined i decide to relocate to this quiet little community. But where will i live??

Flashing back to the lonley Jones. He is found by some person who he has wronged in his distant past. They knock him out and when next he is awake he finds himself inside the landing gear of a now descending plane. The gear opens and he falls and grabs onto the gear at the last moment. He notices he has a parachute pack attached to his back so obviously instead of waiting for the plane to land he lets go and parachutes to a nearby house.

His chute opens late and he injures himself as he hits the ground going too fast. He feigns amnesia and the house takes him in to nurse this stranger back to health.

Flashing back to third person me I find a newly abandoned house. This will do just fine. There is a quick scene shortly after with me and her on a sleigh in snowy winter just as snug as sugar plums. The movie is supposed to take place over the months of Fall, Winter and Spring as each of our transformations take place. The name of the movie was going to be "The Coming Summer". I'll get to why that name creeped me out.

This is about where the ridiculous movie plot ends. I was soooo looking forward to the blossoming ups and downs of my new third person romantic comedy and the trials and redemption of the tommy lee jones character...le sigh.

Anyways things come back to me and my parents and my grandmother just outside of the house of the estranged Jones. My mom makes some weird comment about getting right with jesus. While my mother is a practicing southern baptist these comments are out of line with her character. It's much more in line with my grandmother to make guilt laced comments about my eternal fate.

Well then i look up in the sky and see one of the most amazing dreamscape views i can recall in recent memory. It was a picturesque day and up in the clouds were these 2 creatures. They had to be hundreds of feet long b/c they were definitely in the clouds and stretched at least the distance of 10 jumbo jets or more.

One was long and eel like. It snaked through air very much like an eel too. I assumed this one to be female. The other was slightly longer but was flat like a manta ray. I say "like" a ray b/c it wasn't nearly as wide proportionately. Actually it looked like it had the body of the first one except with flattened fins that stretched the length of its body. I would say it was about 5 to 6 times wider than the first. It also undulated more like a mammalian sea creature instead of side to side motions like the more eel like creature. It was also "flying" upside down so instead of its belly i was looking at its top side.

I finally stopped gaping and grabbed my camera and took some pictures as i ran underneath them. Then i started filming footage with my camera. Thats when a handful more of the eel like creatures and 1 more of the manta rayish things appeared. They were all swimming together in the sky. It was completely terrifying and awe-inspiring.

Then i noticed there were gigantic sea turtles swimming with them. This about when i'm getting the feeling im dreaming. I'm sure i had a very confused look on my face. I then looked down at the horizon and noticed that it was shimmering very oddly. I looked all around a saw it in every direction. I then panicked and told everyone we had to leave NOW! When i glance back i see what the shimmering was: a giant wall of water rushing towards us.

I look back at my family and very quietly say "it's too late." I had one more second for a last breath of air and then WHOOSH the water swept us all away and i woke up.

All i could think about was the cataclysmic flood and the name of the movie.."the coming summer". Might just be a hurricane season to remember huh?

7 comments:

april said...

i think you're le effed.
toodles,
-april

brent said...

yeah but before the thousand foot wall of water hit, it was pretty freckin cool.

Schlenker Doodle said...

Very Freaky. Maybe you should get LB a life jacket or some are floaties.

april said...

april wonders...what is brent doing?

Schlenker Doodle said...

Where is Brent? Inquiring minds would like to know!

beeza44 said...

hey, do you want to join my super peep army? go to my blog and at the top right of my side bar is a link. join!

april said...

brent lives! in dothan. i think that deserves an update please...for my birthday. i don't ask much.