Wednesday, April 25, 2007

typing on the road will make you nauseous

The following took place on the trip to dothan on 4.24.07 before i left for nola. This precious tome was scribed in wordpad and retrieved for no one's pleasure.

Well my first stop on my way to the future and the year 2000!! is over. Montevallo is always an interesting pit stop. I definitely feel a nostalgia for college when i visit lynsey there. Mainly b/c it is such a different experience of school than i had. It's a very small town and school but at the same time it has its own intriguing uniqueness.

Lynsey is very close to the people in her program and even her teachers. I guess you wouldnt't be able to help that given the size of the school. It's only natural that you bond like that. Don't get me wrong i was lucky enough to find some people in athens that have changed me eternally and will hopefully always be in my life at least to some degree, but i didn't really mesh with anyone in my program.

I guess i was just bitter and withdrawn b/c of my misgivings about what i thought art school would be like and what it really was. Guess i should have taken art classes in high school so i would have realized the majority of my peers would be so only b/c they just didnt want to do anything else. Basically my art teachers were glorified babysitters for us. I digress...ed.

It was however a good trip. I got to meet some of lynseys friends. They were fun people. I would probably be inclined to quit watchin "wrasslin" on TV if given the opportunity to play drinking jinga with them...and i did too. Here* is my fortune from the purveyors of the local MSG eatery in Monty, and if you could see me stretching my hands across the spans of time you would know i have a hangover "this big".

We are almost home. Then i get to load all my junk into another car and enjoy the scenery of I-10 while i drive to New Orleans. Tomorrow i begin my apt. search in the crescent city and really start to feel the reality of this whole process take root. I'm pretty stoked about the promise of my first jazz fest too. It's been on my "to do" list since eric was down at school there, and finally my ass is in motion. I don't know how much momentum 125 pounds on a 6 ft frame has but i guess if i cant bowl over things in my concentrated surface area could just pierce them. Spiny elbows lead the charge.

*pic coming as soon as i get my camera back from my sister :(

No comments: