Tuesday, May 8, 2007

dopplegangers cont'd

i have eaten at the bluebird cafe a couple times since i moved here. it's a breakfast joint with really cool original art. soon as i get some cash im gonna buy a print of "over easy". it's this grisly looking egg snarling at you. the food is awesome and the wait staff is very gay. :) i think i caught one of the staff off guard. i was sitting at the bar so he wasn't waiting on me, but he kept tryin to spark up conversations with little interjections like "oh im so sorry baby" and gently touching my shoulder after he burped and then asking me what i was reading. so when he commented on my bag and said "that's a pretty big satchel you got there". I replied "why thank you" and conjured as charming a smile as i could w/o outright laughing. His eyes got real big and he just said "oh my" in his indoor voice and walked away. I'm sure he has something prepared for my next visit.

P.S. The trollies are up and running again!! I meant to take a picture with the disposable cam i bought for yazz fest, but i used em up too fast. The point is my presence in this city has single-handedly turned things around. I'll post news clippings singing my praises soon.

2 comments:

elrusoblanco said...

man, i just found your blog spot... i was typing it wrong. glad to hear you made it and that you're already delving into it all. can't wait to hear about all the crazy shit that happens in the midnight hours at work, the great food, great dives, and NoLa adventures. it was good to hang out when we did - hopefully we'll meet up again in N'awlins! cheers

brent said...

You guys are all welcome to stay. We have a fairly decent sized house here and its a really convenient location. Basically, i am at the heart of new orleans. I'm settling in today, cleaning and unpacking. Jazz fest was awesome and now it's on to the "local scene". We'll see what i dig up :)