Friday, May 18, 2007

Repose

Well it's been a pretty relaxing week. I had off Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday but im headed back in for a weekend of work. I've spent the week chasing down craig's list deals of the day and keeping myself occupied with new diversions. Yesterday was slightly more event filled.

After picking up a wrought iron head and foot board for $15 and a cool little wooden bookshelf for $10 i biked down to magazine and had lunch and my first PBR in a long damn time, it struck me that my time in NOLA so far has felt a lot more like a vacation than anything. the weather is orgasmic right now with the highs in the 80's and a cool strong coastal breeze every day and night. i know it's gonna get stifling hot later on but for now it is amazing weather. also, thanks to some local geniuses who decided to populate all ponds, pools and other standing bodies of water with minnows, the mosquito population is MUCH less than i anticipated.

Yesterday i also went to my first game of goaltimate in preparation for the ultimate league i joined. For being my first game ever of goaltimate and my first time on the field in about 5 years i didn't do too bad. I scored in the first game and made a few interceptions. I was rubber legged after about 45 min's and when i found out they usually played for about 2.5 hours i gracefully bowed out to ensure i retained some mobility for today.


Also last night i had dinner cooked for me by new friend Huong. She is an account exec for the local alternative weekly The Gambit. It was a nice night. She made tilapia and mojitos and we watched 300 which i hadn't seen until then. Verrah nice. I like the man fighting verrah much. to clear the air up we are just friends. it's nice not having to deal with sexual tension and just have everyone on the same page. she is also using her resources at the gambit and her access to clients like the W hotel and Harrah's etc... to help me find more suitable employ.

Anyways i just finished watchingBreaking and Entering which was a pretty good flick. I hear my camera is coming soon so fancy pants pic will soon follow. Stay vigilant all!!

P.S. for those it might concern enjoy your mejican holiday. if you happen to fly anywhere near new orleans during your voyage don't do number 2.

that is all

5 comments:

april said...

are you referring to THE fancy pants? has new orleans recovered enough for those? could be risky.

brent said...

the fancy pants might are a teeny weeny salve that gives a lot of healing. i just have to make sure they cover all the infected parts.

april said...

that is a horrible mental picture thank you very much.

brent said...

i am of course speaking of this city and its wounds. my parts, while somewhat avian-looking, are not infected or wounded.

april said...

the damage has already been done my friend. i will need time to recover.