Saturday, June 30, 2007

Effin Hot

Well it's basically full blown summer down here. It feels like someone greets you at the door with a 30lb wool blanket everytime you step outside. I love it. Basically every pair of pants i own is gradually being assimilated into my growing shorts collection.

Weird point of note: ALL bars in new orleans have hookahs. I didn't believe this when i heard it, but the more i look around the more i see them popping up in every establishment i go to. Goth bars, Dive bars, Trendy bars, Sports bars...it makes no sense yet i freaking love it. I bought some new attachments for my own hookah. It looks like smokey sex now. Believe me i've thought twice about it.

Speaking of bars my new fave joints are in no particular order: Attiki bar and grill (still), The Saint (cool dog friendly dive), The Balcony Bar (cheap sleazy food and pool with an awesome jukebox), and Mrs Mae's (i have no description for this 24hr joint).

I'm still digging my job. I have emailed Dov Charney about a possible American Apparel in athens. He said they are working diligently to get the stores in the atlanta and savannah (yes savannah) area stabilized then they are hoping to bring one to athens. So be on the lookout for pictures of models barely wearing our clothes in the sometime probably far off future.

Here is a quick reel of June events. Sorry about the blurriness of the Audobon Park pics but i was on my bike taking shots just to see how that worked out for me.

Much Love to all my athenians especially the ones that are a year older. Also, equal congratulations to both of the leggetts on remembering the day that they began filing joint tax returns. Hooray :D



I was interested in living with other people when i came here b/c i thought it would be a good way to meet folks, but this city has been very inviting. Meeting people of similar interests is a lot easier than i thought. I look forward to moving out on my own probably in the winter when the lease here is up. I just miss being on my ownsome lonesome.

No comments: