Sunday, June 3, 2007

state of the crescent union

Ive been pretty busy with work which has turned out to be a pretty pleasurable distraction. So far american apparel has proven to be a pretty enjoyable employer. on top of my stores independence i get to take elby into work with me. he prefers green since he is technically a red head.

I've also been getting out a little bit lately. I went to the circle bar's last mod dance party a week ago and had a blast. They played awesome 60's mod all night in an awesome shit hole of a bar. I had to leave when the girl i was dancing with started making out with this other dude and simultaneously grabbing my ass and crotch. I was just too drunk to do the math involved with that equation so i just packed up and left. Oddly though the people who threw the dance party contacted me via myspace asking if i was the guy dancing next to the turn tables. I told them i was and they thanked me for coming out and for "dancing up a storm" and told me i should come out the following friday night for the bar's actual last night party which coincidentally was last night.

It was equally enjoyable. I must say it is weird but i feel a real sense of loss for this bar. I guess when things this unique pass it leaves a hole in people or a community. I have been seeking out all the uniqueness i can though. I'm still taking in a sampling of the local flavors in order to provide better service as a "local guide" should any of you folks show up in town. Lately my thumbs up go to "the artsy cafe" (phenomenal sandwiches and very cool shop...its called the freckin artsy cafe), "La Divina" italian gilatto/panini shop that has own composting and all "to go" items are made from compostable dextrose products, "Luna Cafe" just a very cool cafe in a huge old antebellum house, "Attiki Bar and Grill" they serve a unique mixing of New Orleans staples and Mediterranean dishes at a very reasonable price (especially for new orleans) and they have hookah!, and of course ye olde "Circle Bar" and mod dance party....we barely knew ye.

Also, i developed my camera from jazz fest and along with it a few other old disposable cameras that had been lugged around for years that i had no clue what was on them. Enjoy :)

Elby is such a pro
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
In case you doubted his professionalism...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The fancy pants were only by request. I normally wouldn't have just given it away like that.

Finally i have to make a confession to the world, i am HPV Positive. Current home remedies i am using involve duct tape and compound w. I have resisted my instinctual urge to bite them off which has worked semi effectively in the past. Any suggestions from the viewers at home? If you were curious i have 2. One is named Horatio Monteblanc and the other is Apocalypse Now.

P.S. i have some video ill be posting here from the bands at the festival but my connection kinda sucks so ill need some time set aside for uploading.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

HPV, huh? Hope you don't get cervical cancer...

I wanna come visit you man!!

Schlenker Doodle said...

I am so happy we have documented proof of you in your fancy pants. I laughed so hard looking at it.

april said...

i think you should leave elby out of this. he's a good boy and should not be subjected to extreme fancy pants closeness.
and.
this image is burned into my mind causing spontaneous bouts of laughter. well done.

brent said...

i actually have a full photo session with the fanciness. the interweb denied it due to its excessive hawtness.

brent said...

you can visit anytime holly. give me a weeks notice and i can pretty much set my schedule at work accordingly. BRING IT

wideheavyload said...

whatup homey. Glad to see that new orleans has toned down your craziness. Sorry to hear about your STD but try to look on the bright side. you now have two additional places to pierce on your body. also, in the state of brent, you have new land to mine for natural resources. Sort of like lava flows in hawaii that add square miles to the islands.

brent said...

i've already begun the en masse purchasing of neighboring wart colonies and have jacked up property taxes and rental rates on the inner barnacles. ill send you a check in the mail to cover your intellectual fees.