Friday, June 15, 2007

NKOTB

Yesterday was my first regular season game of the ultimate league im in. I'm on the yellow team, aka lynsey's latin lovers, aka pot o' gold. We lost a heartbreaker 15-14. However we went point for point with arguably the best team in the league. Our biggest hurdles were not having enough subs. The other team had a pretty fresh squad on the field at all times while we huffed and puffed. The other problem was inexperience...namely my inexperience. I was able to score a couple times but i also got burned a few times. I left some epidermis from my elbow and knees on the grass as my marks of shame. My team got a lot of enjoyment from me laying out so much though.

Afterwards, i was instructed to head to the kingpin which was thankfully a bike ride from my house. There i found out what the players do after dehydrating themselves from rigorous activity. They get shitty. Apparently there are 2 bars very friendly to the ultimate crowd and this was one of them. They set aside a keg for the players and first come first served...free beer.

SO...today i hurt. My head, my queezy stomach, my aching legs and open wounds. So today i laid low, made some kick ass barberitos guacamole, and watched "History Boys". It was .. interesting, but worth the watch.

I also got a call from Geoff. It seems the hamburger touchdown has landed. Virginia Calliope Carr was born yesterday after 17 hours of labor. I hope to landing in Georgia either for the 4th and all the celebrations therein or perhaps the weekend or 2 after that. My banking is all kinds of screwed up since the closest wachovia is in mississippi and the checks my company issues are bank of america which ALSO has no branches in New orleans. Its very tangled.

Anyways, from one NKOTB to another NKOTB, we got the right stuff, little miss carr.

No comments: